Attorney Karen J. Levitt, Esq., Gina Arons, Psy.D, and David Consigli, CPA, ABV, CPBA, CDFA, Director, Business Valuation with AAFCPAs, presented a workshop to the Greater Lowell Bar Association entitled “Pathways to Resolution in Probate and Family Court,” which was held at Middlesex Community College in Lowell, MA. The interactive program addressed various forms of dispute resolution alternatives in divorce, family law and probate, including:
- the psychological underpinnings and complex dynamics of divorce and how dispute resolution fits in
- how and when to talk with clients about dispute resolution alternatives depending on what professional “door” they come through
- how to determine if it is a good “fit” for the client and attorney
- SJC and other rules about dispute resolution alternatives
- Paradigm Shift for professionals when participating in dispute resolution alternatives
- Use in Court/Out of Court
The participants contributed to a great workshop and lively discussion about dispute resolution in and out of Court!